Having less optimum soil for planting, I researched alternate planting methods. The one I decided to try uses hay bales.
As researched, I soaked the bales with water for about 4 days, then added compost tea and soaked some more, making sure the bales were well saturated.
Next I made the holes where I wanted to place seedlings that had been growing inside my greenhouse.
I added soil mixed with compost and inserting my seedlings.
Next, I covered the top of the bale with about 4 inches of compost/soil mix.
So far they are working very well!
For more info on hay bale gardening check out the links below: