(German) Poppy seed cookie recipe – I am not German and usually cannot resist editing recipes to my taste, so I will just call these “poppy seed” cookies!
1 c avocado oil
½ c water
1/2c coconut sugar
½ c poppyseed
4 ½ c home milled flour or 2 c quinoa flour & 2 1/2c home milled flour mix
1 tsp baking powder
1 T tapioca starch
2 T psyllium husk flakes or 1 T psyllium powder
1 T orange rind-optional or 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- whisk all wet ingredients together
- mix in sugar, stir in poppyseed
- stir in dry ingredients
- divide dough into 4 balls
- form 2” round log (wrap in plastic wrap to prevent sticking to board while rolling out your log)
- take off plastic & cut into ½” rounds. Use a sharp knife so your rounds don’t squish!
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet so the cookie’s don’t touch each other
- Bake 15-17 minutes until the top is crisp to touch.
- Completely cool on cooling rack before storing in an airtight container.
Light & crispy, perfect for tea dipping!