I got to harvest a friend’s Italian/prune plum tree this summer, and finally made a plum torte!
I have edited the original recipe to my liking having added psyllium husk due to using home milled grain flour.
1/4 c unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup plus 1 or 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 cup flour plus ¼ c psyllium husk if you are using home milled flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ tsp allspice
¼ tsp clove
2 tsp lemon juice-sprinkle on top with sugar & cinnamon
24 halves pitted Italian (prune or purple) plums
1 tsp cinnamon or more, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Beat in eggs, then flour, allspice & clove, baking powder and salt.
- Spread batter into an ungreased 9″ or 10″ springform pan.
- Place plums skin sides down.
- Sprinkle cinnamon with the remaining 1 or 2 T sugar and lemon juice over the top.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Insert a sharp knife around the edge of the torte immediately after taking it out of the oven and let completely cool before removing the springform pan outer ring.