Make your own healthy chocolate bark with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry!
- 1/2 c coconut butter (measure when solid)
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c maple syrup or unpasteurized honey
- dash Himalayan sea salt
- 1 T peanut butter
- 1/8 c toasted chopped almonds or other toasted nuts of preference
1) stir into the heated sauce:
- 1/4 c fresh raspberries
- 1 T raspberry jam or other fruit compote
2) sprinkle on top of the sauce after you’ve poured it into the pan:
- 1/4 c dehydrated raspberries
- 1/8 c raisins or other dried fruit of
- 1 T toasted unsweetened shredded coconut
- Melt coconut butter on med-low heat in saucepan
- When melted, remove from heat and whisk in rest of ingredients until smooth & well blended
- Pour 1/8″-1/2″ thick on parchment (waxed paper) lined pan. Pending the size of your pan will determine the bark’s thickness.
- I used a 12″ pizza pan & cut a 13″ circular piece of waxed paper for the lining for a thin bark
- Freeze about 1 hour pending thickness of bark. Make sure it is frozen solid before breaking it into pieces.
- Store in a tupperware in the freezer. This is not the kind of chocolate you can leave on the counter as it will melt quickly!